Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas party

Fab Fams had their Christmas party tonight, so the boys and I went while Daddy was at work. Thank goodness for an enclosed space where we knew everyone, so it was okay that the older boys were off doing their own thing. Adam got into EVERYTHING, though, from the craft supplies to the muddy buddies to the ornaments on the Christmas tree to the cupcakes(I'll get to those in a minute). He's gone from being my little good guy to being the one that I have to keep my eye on all the time- that used to be Jack. I think Jack was mostly good tonight...I could be wrong, though. Maybe I don't want to know if I am wrong.
Here's a pic of some of the kids listening to a Christmas story. It looks like Jack was paying rapt attention, but he really just sat there for a minute or two and then decided he'd rather go sit on the couch with Miss Tiffany and tell her his stories.
Now for the cupcakes. Adam thoroughly enjoyed himself. I'm not quite sure how many he managed to con out of people or how many he swiped from tables...again, I don't think I want to know. But, he made such a mess of himself. He got me pretty good, too, when it was time to go home, putting his messy hands on me and resting his messy face on my shoulder. I need to make a donation to Fab Fams to ease my guilt for the mess I know he left behind...staying to help clean up would have been an exercise in futility since my boys would have been making bigger messes while I was trying to help. Plus, it was waaaaaaay past Mason's bedtime and he was starting to get a little fussy. Not too fussy, since he was being passed around to alot of the other moms and was in his element, snuggling up and flirting with everyone in his path.

You can see that Adam decided that he just wanted the chocolate frosting on the final cupcake("cuppy"), as he sucked the thing dry until it was barely recognizable. I wish I could say that I hosed him down in the tub once we got home, but I didn't. It was too far past bedtime, so I used some babywipes and got him as clean as I could and sent him to bed. It won't hurt to wait until morning to get him completely clean....guess I'll be washing sheets tomorrow!
No pics of Mason...I'll make sure to get some baby pics this weekend.