Saturday, March 28, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Posted by Michelle at 8:15 PM
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Today, I took Adam to see Dora Live! We left early and had enough time to stop and get juice and donuts on our way to the theater. When we walked inside the theater, Adam said "Wow. A castle!" He wanted to walk all over and check out everything. I was a little worried once we took our seats because he was upset and not wanting to sit or stand still. But, as soon as the show started, he was completely mesmerized by it. He stood beside me, leaning on my leg and pretty much didn't move the entire time the show was going on, other than the occasional clapping or waving his star around when Dora told him to. We walked all around again at intermission and he was once again bewitched by the show once it started.
It was nice to have special Adam-Mommy time. I still haven't found our camera. This pic was taken with our little video camera; I'll never complain about the quality of our camera if I ever manage to find it since at least it's much better than the stills from our video camera.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
A serious case of the sillies hit Adam as he was watching Flowertots. At the end, you can hear his new trick, something that Daddy is very proud of: burping on command.
Not sure where my camera is, but I'll update the blog when I find it.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Aunt Leslie gave Adam a much-needed haircut yesterday. It's a bit dishelved in this pic since he and Jack wrestled the afternoon away, but at least it's not down in his eyes any more.
Mason was going to get a haircut yesterday, too, but I forgot my camera and used that as an excuse to put off his first haircut. He really needs one, though, and will be getting one soon.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Mason has been climbing the steps for a little while now, but he made it all the way up to the second floor today. He probably could have done it before, but I kept scooping him up after about 3 steps.
Adam climbed up beside Mason, showing him how to do it and saying "C'mon, Mason!" Then, Adam went up to the landings and would call down, "Go, Mason, go, go!"
Jackie just told me, "I'm a little bit Awanasick."
What does that mean?
"It means I miss being at Awana."
Good thing for him that he has it tonight.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Adam's teacher said that he had a really good day today. He's been taking more of an interest in what is going on in class, talking a lot more, and being understood much better. Someday, Adam will be surprised and disappointed to learn that not all schools have a little puppy in class.
Tonight, he went to gymnastics. It was a little difficult since our registration form said that it started at 5:15, but the class started at 5:00, so he missed the part where the kids had free play time to explore the equipment and had to start right in with the group activities. He wanted so badly to check out everything. He liked doing somersaults and log rolls, and everything to do with the parachute.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Totally stole this from another mom's blog, but since she encouraged others to do it, it's okay, right? Feel free to steal it, too.
1. What is something mom always says to you? Thank you.
2. What makes mom happy? Whenever I don't do anything to you.
3. What makes mom sad? When I hurt you.
4. How does your mom make you laugh? YOU laugh.(not my laughing making him laugh, but he wanted nothing to do with answering the question, just wanted to tell me to laugh, just like he does at the end of each of his jokes.)
5. What was your mom like as a child? You played with my Grammy all the time and I was still in your belly.
6. How old is your mom? 5
7. How tall is your mom? taller than a tree(he first had to put one hand down by feet and the other by my head, as if he were measuring me)
8. What is her favorite thing to do? play Wii Fit
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? You play that thing up there with Daddy(the Wii)
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? to go on the tv
11. What is your mom really good at? the Wii Fit(you would think that I use it all the time from the number of times he's mentioning it, but meanwhile, my Mii is asleep or maybe crying by now)
12. What is your mom not very good at? hanging upside down
13. What does your mom do for her job? watch the boys
14. What is your mom's favorite food? cereal and bananas when you were a little girl
15. What makes you proud of your mom? 'cause I love you
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? the little one that was here when you were a little girl, probably I don't know her name
17. What do you and your mom do together? play Barnyard Bingo and go to the zoo a little bit
18. How are you and your mom the same? We have the same toes.(I swear I did NOT prompt him to say that we have the same long finger toes/monkey toes. He looked at me, then looked at himself, back and forth and came up with this all on his own.)
19. How are you and your mom different? Cause we have different hair. I have black hair and you have gray hair. (His hair isn't black...so I'm claiming he just doesn't know his colors well enough and that's why he's saying I have gray hair...)
20. How do you know your mom loves you? Cause you just say you love me all the time. I love you.
21. What chore does mommy not like to do? Clean up all my toys.
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? To drop me and Adam at Grammy's house(though his first answer was a local bar, but then he said no, that was Daddy's favorite place)
23. How do you know mommy loves daddy? Because you go with him to ***(insert name of Daddy's favorite place) and cause you give him kisses