Thursday, February 5, 2009

They're Mine

Since Daddy and I take turns blaming each other for the kids' more...ahem...quirky personality traits- "He's so your child," I figured I'd 'fess up to some that they do get from me.

Yesterday, amid all of our errands, I had to drop off a few books at the library. Since we had so much else to do and very limited time, I pulled up to the front of the library and dropped the books through the drop slot. Jack had a complete and total breakdown, crying and almost shrieking, desperately wanting to go in to get new books and not understanding why he couldn't. I'll claim his love of books and crabbiness if he can't have a new book.

This morning, I was trying to put shoes on Adam. I grabbed his cute rain boots first since it's wet outside. Nope, not havin' it. Tried his snow boots, still not havin' it. Was rooting around, trying to find his second tennis shoe when he brought me his crocs. Patted my knee and said, "Don't worry, it's okay." And sat down for me to put his crocs on. Not wanting to wear shoes? Yup, definitely like his mama.

But, all those other quirks that can make them difficult sometimes, I have no idea where they came from....